Forum Infirmier Psy Forum Infirmier Psy
Forum ouvert à la communaute infirmiere et étudiante psy
Forum Infirmier Psy
FAQFAQ  RechercherRechercher  S’enregistrerS’enregistrer  ProfilProfil  MembresMembres  GroupesGroupes  Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés  ConnexionConnexion  PortailPortail

Brandon Powell has made himself into Bob Quinn’s toughest de

Répondre au sujet    Forum Infirmier Psy Index du Forum -> Annonces -> Présentations
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
laiyongcai92
Membre actif
Membre actif

MessagePosté le: 08/11/2018 05:23:23    Sujet du message: Brandon Powell has made himself into Bob Quinn’s toughest de Répondre en citant

Brandon Powell was a relatively unknown product when the Detroit Lions signed him to a undrafted free agent deal last spring. The 5-foot-8 Florida Gators product doesn’t have the typical look of an NFL talent. He is extremely undersized as a wide receiver Youth Ziggy Ansah Jersey , and when the Lions signed him to their 90-man roster last spring he was projected to be a camp body at best. His relatively unknown status carried through the opening stages of training camp. While fellow UDFA Teo Redding was set to be the fifth man fighting for a roster spot, Powell was an afterthought. He would quickly change that though.As the Lions sputtered through the opening weeks of preseason Powell was one of the team’s lone bright spots. He has caught 15 passes for 99 yards through Detroit’s first three preseason games, and his punt return for a touchdown was a huge swing in the Week 3 comeback victory over the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Powell has come out of nowhere and given general manager Bob Quinn his hardest decision to make when the Lions have to trim the roster by 37 players this Saturday. It is hard to find a defined role on the roster for Powell at the moment, but it would be hard for the Lions to part with arguably the best thing to happen to them this month. He will have practice squad eligibility as a rookie, but it is easy to imagine another team swiping him off of waivers and stashing him themselves. When asked about his current status in Detroit after the game in Tampa Bay, he spoke about how he’s been spending the past couple of weeks focused on himself. “I’m just trying to go play football,” Powell told reporters. “I’m not really thinking about who’s in front of me, who I’m competing with. I’m just trying to compete with myself and make sure I get better every day.”While he realizes that he has impressed not only the front office of the Lions but the NFL as a whole, he realizes he still has more work to do in the next week.“It’s some things I still have to work on so, gonna get back to Detroit watch some film and try to get better next week Color Rush Graham Glasgow Jersey ,” said Powell.Like Tion Green in 2017 and Zach Zenner years ago, Powell has captured the hearts of Lions fans this preseason with an impressive showing. Whether or not he makes the roster just as his two predecessors did will be decided in the next few days, but either way this unlikely preseason hero has proven to be Detroit’s best story this preseason.Saturday open thread: How many rushing yards will Kerryon Johnson have vs. Patriots? Much like the Detroit Lions, the New England Patriots have had a tough time stopping the opposing team’s running game through two weeks. Against the Texans, New England allowed Lamar Miller to rush for 98 yards on 20 carries, while Alfred Blue added another 36 on just five carries. Last week was a little better for them, allowing a total of 104 rushing yards on 24 carries—but much of that was Blake Bortles scrambling for 35 yards.Put it all together and the Patriots are allowing 135.5 rushing yards per game (27th) and 4.7 yards per carry (25th).That’s a matchup the Lions could actually exploit, given that Kerryon Johnson and LeGarrette Blount have breathed life into Detroit’s rushing attack. It’s still unproven overall, but last week’s combined 81 yards rushing on 16 carries is enough for Lions fans to cling to for a shred of optimism in an otherwise bleak start to the season.So today’s Question of the Day is:How many rushing yards will Kerryon Johnson have on Sunday night?My answer: I ask specifically about Kerryon, because it appears he’s slowly becoming a bigger part of the offense. Obviously Youth Marvin Jones Jr Jersey , injuries and ejections to Blount have probably bumped his time up thus far, but everything he’s done on the field has justified more snaps on offense.Anyways, in regards to the actual question, much of the answer will rely upon how the game is playing out. If the Lions fall behind quickly (again), obviously Johnson won’t get a lot of opportunities in the run game. If the Lions can keep it close or even (gasp) hold a lead, Detroit will likely try to keep the offense moving on the ground.That being said, I think there’s a pretty good chance this game turns into a shootout, and that means a lot of throwing the ball. I still think Kerryon will set a new high, but it will be something still pretty modest overall. Give me 10 carries for 52 yards. Your turn.Tweets from https://twitter.com/PrideOfDetroit/lists/lions-coverage
Auteur Message
Publicité

MessagePosté le: 08/11/2018 05:23:23    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Répondre au sujet    Forum Infirmier Psy Index du Forum -> Annonces -> Présentations Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  
Index | Créer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation